mrgiles

Poems.

Monday, December 06, 2004

grrrr

This entry is set aside for me to have a bitch.
U c, the problem with this blog is that it enforces its format on my poems quite aggresively. Usually, my poems are spread across the page, but here all my lines start flush up against the left margin. Sigh.
The best I can do is warn you about that, and if you are interested enough about a poem, u can email me to request the poem as it was intended to be set out (mrgiles69@gmail.com). All requests will be thoughtfully and speedily processed by our happy and helpful staff.
There's a lot that could be said about the ways in which computers write poems these days, using this as just one example. This could be pursued from a number of different angles: from the way the rhythms, sounds and lights of the word processor affect the composition process, to things like the formats of poems possible on computers, things like spell check and auto-correct, and even programs that generate new forms of poems. But I digress. This was meant to be about me having a whinge. Sorry about that.
If anyone has any ideas about this, please let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home