mrgiles

Poems.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

OVER

WICKET


a fine innings retreats each commercial break makes awkward space charged for poetry
today our poems fall in advertisments
language charged and strained to sell the new world product
the post-post modernist watching this old gentleman game
lyric breaks the prosaic threat
but each word
crowds
breathes down my paper neck
caught between msn yahoo
google earth will map my space
look out at the neon crosses
redder than my turtle neck
jumping with easy new career
the pace becomes now breakneck
purple ink remembers me
a solid subject nonetheless
why is my identity determined easily
swiftly swipe my way thru different forms
perhaps pressure of writing
feels eyeball heels within minds back
now india against australia
who do i support
nationalistic doctrine
force the neck to crack
what lessons learned


between gully and third man

geographical possession
naming eats the turf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home