mrgiles

Poems.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

secret to good skin


can we help this coconut Queen? my, my –
That brown outside look just seems ... less than white
We can do much better; I don’t know why
she shades her creamy middle from the light.

bottled skin or skin from a can will do
this honey look is good to glow all day.
we need to get these flavours right for you
A milky skin still better –here – I say –

get that beauty out of the sun – quick, now:
she might brown right up through her DNA.
we risk that skin burning into shadow
I think we better Blanchett once a day.

use oil to protect her as she plays.
and drizzle on that cream Australians love.
why even risk a browner, sun burnt face?
It’s much more wholesome with the dark removed.

to keep your cool, stay Under cover – There:
You want a colour like your cornflakes? no –
nobody wants you orange, just take care:
you might even have your skin go Coco.

How do you feel; a better, younger you?
You’re looking just a little pale and green.
I feel a bit off-colour, it’s quite true.
It’s crazy –she’s no colour to be seen.

where is that fresh look now? is it still there?
I can’t really see her. What can we do?
is it even visible? It’s not fair.
your skin’s ideal: how come We’re losing you?






 * Made from text 100% recycled from “Beyond the pale” by Alyssa McDonald, in Sunday Life, The Sun-Herald, December 10, 2010; pp. 12-15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home